Wednesday, June 10, 2015

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DESIGNERS | ALEXIA ULIBARRI

Hello everyone! I know what you're thinking, I haven't posted anything in a while but here I am again and today I wanna talk to you about something really important.

I know that the fashion industry uses a lot of money in big countries and with big brands it's all about expensive things and only rich people can afford them.. If you didn't know, I'm here to tell you that in my country (Mexico) the economy is... shit.

And yeah fashion is a great great thing here maybe just in Mexico City BUT it's not that important like it is for Milan or  New York etc.. And probably at this point you are thinking, so why do we care about this? Well I'm here to inspire you, encourage you to consume the things that your country produces in this case we are talking about fashion so support your local designers.

In my case, there's a lot of seriously talented mexican designers and their clothes are not that expensive, they're actually as affordable as something in ZARA or MANGO. It's a win win situation, you contribute to the economy of your country and you get to look amazing in local designer clothes plus they're waaaaaay more cheap.

So this week I've been doing my homework (yay!) no but seriously.. and I got to do, actually to talk about an amazing designer and obviously she's mexican, her is name is Alexia Ulibarri, she's from San Luis Potosí but she got the luck to study in London at The London College of Fashion and she took a bunch of workshops at Central Saint Martins! After that she came back to Mexico to own the runways and she did it. 


So now I'm gonna shut up and show you her beautiful work, these are a couple of my favorites... oh and yes the picture above it's Alexia.










That's from her latest collection JULIETTA SS15.










SIMONA AW14.

And last but not least (and the best art pictures I've seen in a while)...












AMELIA'S LOCKET SS14.

And again, remember to support your local designers, I bet you they work as hard as any well known designer and they can be as talented as them, you help them become more famous and you consume something made in your country which it's something we should be proud of.

If you're interested in any of her clothes you can see more about it here http://www.alexiaulibarri.com/index.html

Sincerely, Diana x




No comments:

Post a Comment