Wednesday, March 18, 2015

R-T-W PART 2 | D&G scandal?

Heyyyyyyyyy everyone! It's been a little, yeah I know but i have to confess that I'm kind of lazy.. yeah I'm sorry. But because this is something that I really love I've committed to it and I'm forcing myself to write even though I feel like if i have 0 inspiration I should not write because then it's not real and it will probably suck.

But as promised.. here I came back with the second part of my favorite collections of these "fashion weeks" season.

Also even though they're kind of "officially over" I wanted to announce that I'll be attending to Mercedes Benz Fashion week here in Mexico City! It will probably just be one day because college won't let me be absent for a week.. but hey one day it's better than nothing, right? I will be taking one of my friends with me, I still don't know who.. But yes I'll keep you updated of it and also about my experience there, I'm so excited because for the first time ever in my short life a mexican designer reached out to me on instagram and invited me personally to her fashion show!!!!!!! *people cheer in the back* it's a HUGE deal for me.

I got carried away.. sorry.. here, here babies..

Burberry Prorsum





As you should know and if not, I'm here to tell ya! Fringes, fringes are the thing this year so go to the mall and find something with fringes that you love and buy it.. because they will become a must have this spring,summer, and fall.. mark my words. They look amazing so fabulous, boho-chic. We seriously need a bunch of stuff with fringes in our life(closets) and Burberry put them on their bags, coats, heels and dresses just perfectly!

Tom Ford




Bet you didn't believe me about the fringes? Well here I show you once again that they're coming to stay for a while! Tom Ford.. what can I say, it's in my blog for a reason, it's so relaxed but elegant and luxurious at the same time, I didn't even think that could be possible but apparently it is!

Valentino








Sooo, Valentino.. I don't think any of you understand my obsession with this collection right now, since I first landed my eyes on it.. I've been so mad at myself for not being rich or famous enough to afford at least one of these pieces.. it is completely breath taking, the fur, the fringes, the details so.. edgy, boho.. kind of like ethnic, aztec prints? I believe so!
This is my favorite one to be completely honest with you, I can see myself wearing these dresses and slaying the streets!! If you don't like this.. we can't be friends, I know I'm sorry.

So now.. I would like to talk about something a bit different that matters to me.
If you read my last post you know that I put Dolce & Gabbana as one of my favorite collections.. fortunately or unfortunately I know when to recognize a good work despite of who did it or what I feel/think towards that person in this case these well known designers.. 
So if you don't where I'm going to with this, I'll explain you.

So last week, I don't know exactly from where or how did it happen but Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabanna the ex gay couple decided to speak to an italian magazine about their opinion on babies born in gay marriages by IVF saying that they're "synthetic children."

Obviously this was a huge deal for a lot of people including celebrities, to be more specific, Elton John.. he started this trendic topic on Twitter called #BoycottDolceGabbana.

If you don't really care about my opinion on this or this subject, you can get out of my blog right now, really there's no problem but I do feel the need to talk about this.

I may not be a recognized fashion blogger yet but even if I was I have my freedom of speech so I can talk about it. It is really disappointing for me to know that people who can create such beautiful clothes and gowns can think like this, and I totally respect that it's their private opinion but me as being someone who's interested in the fashion industry and I'm part of the LGBT community because yes, I'm gay.. I believe it's sad, because we are all human at the of the day, doesn't matter how we were created or raised, we all love, we all feel, we all talk, we all hurt, we all make mistakes.. just as simply as that.

So I completely disagree with their opinion.. they apologized saying that their words were taken out of context and yeah maybe they do regret saying that, but they think it, it was there in the first place for a reason.

I'm just gonna leave it with me supporting their collections only if I like them but not supporting them as a complete brand or just them in general, that's not something that feels right for me.



So let me know what you think of all of this.. I love you all and stay gold!

Sincerely, Diana x

PS. If you want you can check out these collections that I also liked.. Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, Peter Pilotto, Alberta Ferretti, Emilio Pucci, Topshop Unique and Marchesa.

No comments:

Post a Comment