Friday, February 20, 2015

Peter Copping or Oscar de la Renta?

So as we all probably know, our dear Oscar de la Renta passed away earlier last year.

The one who was put in charge by Oscar himself just a couple of weeks before he died was Peter Copping and what EVERYONE wanted to know, including me.. is out now.

Was he gonna be able to do something good enough to "fill" Oscar's shoes? 
Well this is what I think..

I saw the entire collection.. and no I didn't go to New York fashion week and I didn't sit front row with Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift, remember I'm not there yet?

Ok, so Peter stuck up with the beautiful flowery details that Oscar always put on his dresses.. you know which ones? Let me show you..



Yes that's Kendall Jenner.. but we'll talk about her some other day.

I believe that Peter did an amazing replica of those little details.. and I mean yes he worked with Oscar a couple of times but not everyone would've done that this good, you know?

He added some new fabrics and even short dresses, something that Oscar wouldn't have done BUT you just can't expect him to create the exact same things that Oscar did..
Personally I think that he did an amazing job because he respected the classic essence of this brand but he added a little bit from himself, and fashion is always moving, moving forward and he's trying to make it a bit more modern but without making of it a huge difference, very subtle. 
That's the hard thing to do and he did it just amazingly fine, applause from me. 


Oscar would be so proud, I bet you.
What a way to honor his legacy.. I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of my favorite gowns and a phrase by Peter himself about what he did with this collection.. also let me know what you think.




"I wanted to be respectful to Oscar's legacy, and at the same time fashion moves quickly, so you have to state your intentions straight away" - Peter Copping.

Sincerely, Diana x

1 comment:

  1. #MustFollow me encanta el blog Diana keep going, y ¿es mi percepción o se parece un poco a valentino?

    ReplyDelete