Thursday, July 30, 2015

STROBING | WHAT IS IT AND HOW TO DO IT?

Hey everybody, it's Diana right here! Today I'm gonna talk about a makeup trend going on right now which is being called the "new contour" and I do not agree with that term because they're completely the opposite and to be quite honest I don't think you could ever replace contour with anything else, except if you get plastic surgery but.. we are not going there.

So this "new" technique it's called strobing and let me explain you what it is.. 
So strobing it's simply and basically about extra highlighting the parts where you normally do it (cheek bones, temples, brow bone, chin, cupid's bow, lower lip and forehead), but with that extra shimmer.. sun glow.. and the thing about this, it's to do it without doing the contour, and yes it looks seriously pretty but for example I have a very very round face so I can't just do the strobing without contouring cause then I would kind of be accentuating my roundness and I would be adding volume to my face which is what I've been trying to be avoid since I have knowledge about makeup.. so I personally think that both contouring and strobing should be done at the same time but if you're blessed with a not so round face then go ahead and ignore this contour part and do the strobing in your face like there's no tomorrow.

And if you're thinking "Hey, why should I believe what you say? Do you know the subject enough to talk like this about it?" Well let me tell ya... I do. As an Image Consultant student I know about this because makeup is part of my career/classes, so you can trust me I won't fail you, I promise.

This technique is not going away anytime soon, it's on trend right now perfect for summer so your face looks like the sun kissed you.. ya know.. who doesn't want that. 
And for fall and winter it will still be beautiful and useful so you can give yourself that fresh, young look that we all want, cause if you do it correctly you'll look like a mermaid and if that's not cool then I don't know what it is.

If you still can't picture how it looks like because you haven't seen it before let me show you, and if you have seen it before then these pictures might as well just inspire you enough to go ahead and do it.







You see? A sun kissed mermaid! I told you! And this is where you do it..


And I'm gonna recommend you my personal favorite and ideal products to achieve the perfect high quality strobing.

Watt's up illuminator by Benefit Cosmetics.

High Brow Glow by Benefit Cosmetics too.

HourGlass Ambient Lighting Palette.

L'ORÉAL True Match Lumi, liquid glow illuminator.

Copacabana illuminator by Nars.

And that's it for today's post! Hope you liked it and let me know if you try it..
Good luck!

-Sincerely, Diana x



No comments:

Post a Comment